Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Traffic Warnings for Seattle/Everett Metro Area Drivers

TRAFFIC ALERT!

In the coming months, some I-5 lanes and ramps will be closed for entire weekends at a time. Drivers can help by taking alternate routes, driving through Everett in the morning or at night or by using I-5 for only essential trips.

Here are the tentative dates we know about now and what you can expect:

January 5 – 8, 2007 (or alternate weekend in case of weather delays) Without driver help, backups could be as long as 3 hours and stretch 17 miles northbound.
10 p.m. on Friday, crews will close the northbound I-5 right lane from Broadway to Pacific Avenue. The lane will reopen by 5 a.m. Monday, January 8.
10 p.m. Friday, crews will close the 41st Street on-ramp to northbound I-5. The ramp will reopen by 5 a.m. Monday, January 8.
This work is weather dependant and could be shifted to the next available dry weekend.

February 16 - 19, 2007 (or alternate weekend in case of weather delays)
10 p.m. Friday, detour across Cascade View Bridge closes
10 p.m. Friday, 41st Street on-ramp to I-5 northbound closes
5 a.m. Monday morning:
1. 41st Street Bridge opens
2. 41st Street NB on ramp re-opens
3. Left turn onto 41st Street closes for 2 weeks (from the I-5 southbound 41st Street exit and the 41st Street loop ramp)

February 23 - 26 2007 (or alternate weekend in case of weather delays)
10 p.m. Friday, permanently close existing 41st Street loop ramp
5 a.m. Monday morning, open new I-5 northbound exit ramp to 41st Street

March 3 – 6, 2007 (or alternate weekend in case of weather delays)
10 p.m. Friday, close I-05 southbound 41st Street exit ramp to tie-in new southbound exit ramp.
5 a.m. Monday, open new I-5 southbound 41st Street exit ramp

June 21, 2007 (or alternate weekend in case of weather delays)
10 p.m. Friday, finalize work on southbound on ramp from 41st Street
5 a.m. Monday, open new single point urban interchange with 4 lanes operating. Remaining lanes will tie into City’s 41st Street widening project when it’s complete.

Tentative Schedule for Other Weekend Mainline and Ramp Closures

January – February 2007
Westbound US 2 ramp to southbound I-5 and the southbound right lane of I-5 from US 2 to Pacific Ave.
Ramp from northbound I-5 to eastbound US 2 and the right lane of I-5

March
On southbound I-5, the right lane in the vicinity of 41st St. and the exit ramp from southbound I-5 to 41st Street.

April
Exit ramp from southbound I-5 to Everett Ave/eastbound US 2 and the auxiliary lane.

May
On southbound I-5, the right lane and the on-ramp from Pacific Ave.
On northbound I-5, the right lane in the vicinity of Pacific Avenue and exit ramp from NB I-5 to Pacific Avenue

No comments: