Monday, January 29, 2007

Pan's Labyrinth

























This weekend my cousin Melanie, Kim, and I went to see Pan's Labyrinth. It was a lovely and compelling film. It was sad, beautiful, simple, and incredibly evocative.
I can't think of anything bad to say about the movie other than I spent a good deal of the time squeaking and peaking from behind my scarf. And even that isn't really bad.

5 out of 5 monkeys.

In other movie news I'm thinking of changing my rating system from number of monkeys to hated, didn't like, liked, loved. I wonder how I can express this in monkey related terms.


5 comments:

PalinDrome said...

Using my friend Google I found different monkey rating system but their's works the opposite of yours because it is based on the old adage that everything is better with a monkey. So their rating was how many monkeys it would take to make the movie good.

My next thought was to base it on different monkey tasks but I could not think of any that really stood for anything except for Monkey Throwing Poo. I mean which is worse Monkey Eating Lice or Monkey Picking Nose. I just see more confusion.

cymberleah said...

I loved the story, the acting was supurb(even the girl, and finding a child who can actually act is a very rare and wonderful thing), and the presentaion was awesome, even the squidgy bits.

But some of the... filters?... that they used to film the movie got on my nerves so much! I know it's a dark film and all, but I like to be able to see what's on the screen without squinting!

But other than the squinting, I agree with the monkeys.

qtilla said...

It is always best to agree with the monkeys, what with the poo and whatnot.

cymberleah said...

Also, monkeys bite. And you can never be too cautious about The Rabies.

Best to placate the monkeys.

PalinDrome said...

I must now add "That's what she said"