Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Extras

Last night I went to Chris & Andy's Green Lake Chalet to irritate them with my minutely right-leaning views. In between global warming and war discussions we watched the first episode of season two of Extras. I liked it a lot and it was certainly Orlando Bloom's best part and best acting; but the constant cringe factor almost sucked the funny right out of the show.
By the same creative team as the original The Office, it had incredibly similarly styled dialogue. It also presented very similar scenarios, in a less personally identifiable setting. Office works almost just because we understand humiliation and we understand offices. I don't identify with striving to create a timeless television show.
I can't decide how I feel about Extras. Perhaps I will start again at the first episode and see how that goes.

No comments: