Monday, February 26, 2007

Monday, monday, can't trust that day.

Monday Thoughts:

Some people in my Workplace seem to think that the rules do not apply to them. "No," said I to my boss, " I cannot go and ask colleague to change the date of Ridiculous Meeting for the third time. There is no X Resource available, it is against the rules, and this is the 3rd time we've asked her to change it."
Said boss, "Ok, I'll just go over her head."
"Ok," I grumbled, "whatever, rule breaker."
This situation brought to mind a quote from the movie Go. Said the drug dealer (disconbobulatingly named "Todd"): Wow, I didn't know we'd become such good friends, because if we had, you'd know that I give head before I give favors and I don't even give my best friends head so your chances of getting a favor are pretty fucking slim.
I know that there is a difference between trying to get a meeting moved and trying to get 20 hits of ecstasy, but I think you will all understand the relevancy of that particular quote.

My blog is so classy I should run the theme from Masterpiece Theater.
Which might I add is a HUGE part of my childhood memories. Alastair Cooke in his smoking jacket in the darkened library, next to a roaring fire. (And the Sesame Street version with Alistair Cookie.) That and the distinctive theme from Mystery!, the wonderful Gorey art, and the sound of Diana Rigg's amazing voice.

And I'm spent. Tonight I'm attending a superfantastic National Geographic Live! lecture, so I must hurry off now.

Notice the two "!'s" after these above names, ahhhh the excitement!

1 comment:

cymberleah said...

It has been Monday for a very long time. =(