Thursday, February 22, 2007

Dear hipster public radio station,

I would love to give you more money, but I refuse to give public radio more money than I give UNICEF, the UN World Food Program, PATH, or Pathfinder, my other charities. I don't make much money, and I regret to tell you that I probably would not increase my donation to you even if I made more money. I would simply rather give my few dollars to somebody who is attempting to end AIDS or fight poverty. No offense to you, I love your programing, live shows, and CDs-- I just pay you as much as I feel a few hours of listening a week warrants.
This American Life is good and so is non-obnoxious morning radio, but having a cure to AIDS would be awesome in the literal and traditional sense and I really don't think you can compete with that.
Let me know when you start educating women in foreign countries on family planning and farming. I'm all over that stuff. In the mean time, quit emailing me everyday.
The same goes to you, Special Olympics and World Wildlife Fund. But not you, National Geographic, you are tasty tasty nerd-nip, you do whatever you like. RAWR.

No comments: