Thursday, May 03, 2007

Call me crazy, but...

Is anyone else just a tiny bit curious about this sword collection? What if this guy has some really cool swords?

It's a shame I won't ever get to see them. I couldn't ever ask and if he approached me I would tell him that I have a boyfriend. But maybe there is something to see there.

I've been pondering this. All these people I live so close to are all going about varied and interesting lives. They collect things and play in bands and volunteer and play sports. They all have some thing that they are good at or intrigued by. So many people living unique and vibrant lives all clustered together divided by less than two feet of wood and plaster. Never really knowing each other.

All I catch are the snippets of conversation and the view through my window. I feel like it's a mystery to learn who they are by connecting little clues. It's also a bit like watching TV-- even the shape of the window is like a screen.

It reminds me of that movie, Rear Window.

Well hopefully not exactly. Although there is that sword issue.

4 comments:

cymberleah said...

You can come over and see my swords! ;)

Of which I have two: one entirely dull that has dragons on the handguard that I thought was Too Too Cool when I was seventeen, and one that is also of low quality, but its hilt and scabbard look like one piece of wood. It just looks neat, and hangs on my wall on two hooks that have pressed flowers between glass.

Whee! I'm creepy now!

qtilla said...

Well, since a tour of your sword collection doesn't involve sexual assault, you win!!

DawnOfTheRead said...

My ex-fiance's brother had a sword collection. He was a bit creepy. He once offered a gift of a knife to me...with a black blade "so no one could see it at night", but I foolishly turned it down.

qtilla said...

Dude, I can't believe you turned down a gift.