Friday, May 25, 2007

Viva Holiday Weekend




















I hope you all have exciting plans for your weekend. I have an action packed weekend replete with pirates, birthdays, hiking, and a trip to the new Seattle Art Museum.

I will of course carry on my Saturday tradition of Bacon and Cartoons. (For those of you who are slow, this is when I wake up early on Saturdays and make a full breakfast while I watch cartoons.)

It may not surprise you to know that I have this weird thing about one cartoon in particular. This cartoon is Viva Pinata. On this show, there are these pinatas on this island who do mating dances and eat candy. There are all kinds of colorful food-themed animals and (for the most part) they strive to eat enough candy to be sent to a children's party where they are beaten and then sent back. Some of them don't like to go to parties and be hit by sticks (see the creature on the far right with the enormous butt - which is called a 'fudge-hog') thus there are high jinks. There is also a bad guy who is human and wears a Mexican wrestling outfit and graduation hat who tries to steal their candy.
Viva Pinata comes on at 8:30 and 9:30 (right before Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Fast Forward) and I am compelled to watch it. But I hate it. It is weird and grotesque and often a little too adult for its intended audience.

I can't stop watching it though. It is utterly inexplicable.

No comments: