Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Apocolypse... now?

Right now? Yes.

I don't want to say that the end is neigh, but I just received a thank you call. That is my second "thank you" in a month. A MONTH WITH TWO "THANK YOU"S.

People say "thanks", but a dedicated email or phone call is now to be forever cherished in the tiny little crusty organ, which some may assert is my "heart".

I am all cherries and feathers. Puppies and flowers.

Hurrah Hurrah!

In other news, last night I realized: HOLY CRAP I NEED TO PACK, I AM GOING TO KEEL OVER AND DIE FROM THE STRAIN OF MOVING/LIVING.

Between the looming possibility of being laid off, the redistribution of work from those already laid off, the general grumble-snort malaise/barely suppressed anger at the office, applying for a raise (ha! ha! good timing, self), my already kind of high pressure job being in highest pressure season, volunteering at the Con, moving, dog sitting, tutoring, wrangling my elderly relatives, and dealing with all of these god damned weddings all of the god damned time, I am just a wee little bit stressed out.

A little prone to emotional outbursts. A little prone to have erm... "feelings". The presence of feelings giving rise to the possibility that they can be wounded.

Arg!

From DOOM to cherries and feathers and back again to doom. I am feeling just a tad bit panicky and manic.

Arg! Arg!

Tonight, on Quiana's SCHEDULE OF DOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:
1. Sell remaining books to Half Price (aka unreasonably snotty community college students who rip me off). (Needless parenthetical sidenote- I have made $80 so far selling back books and CDs. Who is a smug pug? This girl.)
2. Find more boxes.
3. Buy massive amounts of speed.
4. Stay up for the next week straight.
5. Pack frantically/party like a rock star.

No comments: