Thursday, April 12, 2007

Quiana: Rock & Roll Detective

























Recently I loaded some monster ballad action onto my iTunes at work and a coworker mentioned excitedly to me that she had seen Nelson live. Nelson!!! Nelson!

I LOVE Nelson. Growing up I had an unhealthy crush on Ricky Nelson, the father of Mathew and Gunnar (the actual band Nelson). This was mainly unhealthy in that I was 8 and Ricky, frozen forever at a beautiful 16 on TV, was by that time dead.




















Never mind that.

My parents share a love of Genesis, Simply Red and Jazz records. My first music purchases were Guns N' Roses and Bon Jovi. My mother cried in the car on the way home.

The music I really loved was Whitesnake, Cinderella, Poison, and Ratt. Hearing about Nelson again after all this time made me wonder if they are still performing.

Well, yes they are. In fact I am a new subscriber to their official newsletter with concert dates etc. If anyone wants to join me for a Nelson concert, let me know.

Nelson fun fact: They inspired a cartoon show called Nelson: Rock & Roll Detectives.








2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HOLY CRAP!!! Look at the packages on those animated rockers!!!! (not that I ever would look)


-steve

qtilla said...

I thought that you would be more interested in the black guy in a diaper.
Pervert.