Thursday, November 29, 2007

Sometimes I doubt your commitment to Sparkle Motion

So, last night, when I was supposed to be finishing Watchmen, I decided to watch tv instead. Let's just say I was more interested in vacuuming and putting away my fall decor, than buckling down. I did however, reach the point at which I quit last time, so that is progress... sorta. Maybe tonight before Grey's, I will get a little more done.

Anyway, I've been watching that show Life. I have no idea why I like it so much, but I do. It is just enough different to be interesting and just enough the same to be comfortable. You should check it out.

So, not regarding anything above, I want to buy a cheap cricket bat. I mean less than 50$. For a present for my cousin, who needs to use it for zombie defense. Anyone know where I could procure an inexpensive cricket bat for display (and undead attack) use?

And on yet another topic I have been saying unintentionally odd things today:
ex #1: "Spam is very personal."
Meaning everyone likes their spam a different way. I like mine slabbed, fried in soy sauce and brown sugar, cuddled by a block of pressed rice and wrapped in delicious seaweed.
ex #2: "And that is the end of my awesome story about jicama."
I need to think before I tell stories before I tell them, rather than suddenly realizing in the middle that I am boring and ending it with "and that was my awesome story about whatever." Because I think that's kind of weird, right?

And in other completely unrelated news, China is super-bored and looking for new things to suppress: pandas.
They are banning unflattering panda imagery. I wish I had an advocate to ban unflattering pictures of me.

Final non-sequitor: every Christmas I day dream of getting a job in the private sector, holiday bonuses, commensurate pay, smart people... *sigh*. The question is will money make me happy? It will allow me to buy more awesome presents for all 3 billion people on my Christmas list. And I will certainly earn greater respect at a "better" job. But when I come home pooped from a day making other people rich, will I be happy with that- or- will I sit and think about how I *used* to come home after helping restore important social programs through the use of math and fancy spreadsheets? Baaaaaaaa! Instead of making important life decisions, I think I will stay frozen here. This will be *awesome*.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just want you to know that, as a person with a Philosophy degree, I do know what it is like to be poor. As a person with an Accounting degree, I am also qualified to say that yes, money will make you happy, but only if you spend it on things that you like. Like bacon, comic books, boos, and video games. Before you know it, you'll have forgotton about all those poor miserable bastards that you used to help out. After all, what good are they to you, unless they can pull off the kanomi code while you're plowed.

Don't worry about the ethics of it all... I'm a white male who owns land, which makes me an authority on such things. It's ok, I promise, so long as you remember to pump that money back into the economy, preferrably more than you get, via credit.