Friday, December 01, 2006

Kissed the girls and made them cry.

Clooney defends DeVito's 'View' appearance
Actor's on-camera antics included Bush-bashing rant

George Clooney is giving an alibi to his buddy Danny DeVito, with whom he shared a "brutal night" of drinking before an appearance on "The View."

In a taped interview with co-host Matt Lauer, the actor said that it was indeed probable that DeVito was "still drunk" at 10 a.m. after a night fueled by limoncello shots.

DeVito attributed a hard night of drinking for his on-camera antics Wednesday on ABC's "The View," which amused hosts Rosie O'Donnell and Joy Behar but appeared to upset Barbara Walters.

The diminutive actor went on an extended rant against President George W. Bush and discussed his activities with wife Rhea Perlman in the Lincoln Bedroom when he was a guest during the Clinton White House.

"We were doing shots of limoncello and that's all I have to say about it," Clooney said, and than added, "I got to the point where I was dumping shots into the plant next to me ... I don't think Danny saw me do that."

No comments: