Monday, December 18, 2006

I'll see you in hell, Redenbacher!











Bad-ass.

So I was cruising the OSHA website because Workplace is saying that my not coming into work due to work NOT HAVING ELECTRICITY is called "vacation." I am pretty certain this is illegal and I want to have evidence when I go to my union rep and raise hell.

My initial search brought the following record up: "Flavorings-Related Lung Disease." The flavorings from microwave popcorn gave factory workers a rare lung disease, now dubbed "popcorn lung."

Popcorn lung.
Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

Now, when checking the spelling of Redenbacher I came accross his wikipedia entry. For the dime tour, read on:

He earned a small fortune in fertilizer, but in his spare time, he indulged in an obsession he'd had since he was a child: developing the perfect popcorn. His wholesome image and folksy name confused many consumers, some even writing the company to ask if Mr. Redenbacher was a real person, and not an actor. He responded to this by appearing on various talk shows, professing his identity. (These were apparently really really exciting talk shows- maybe like Geraldo.)

On September 19, 1995, while in the whirlpool tub of his condominium in Coronado, CA, Redenbacher suffered a heart attack and drowned (wink wink nod nod- heart attack in the whilpool eh?). He was cremated and his ashes were scattered at sea. (Is this chicken, or fish? Neither it's Orville Redenbacher!)

No comments: