Monday, June 02, 2008

Go!

Speed Racer is, if not the most, certainly in the top 4 most visually stunning films I have ever seen.

The design work, particularly the colors in the movie, was literally amazing. I left the theater wishing that I lived in a world that beautiful and bright. The race scenes were absolutely fantastic in creativity, action, and design.

The overall treatment of the film was adorable and really hearkened back to the original cartoon.

Speed Racer was very funny, often touching (a little clumsily), and always a joy for the eyes.

If anyone tells you not to see this movie, they have no joy in their crusty little soul. Seeing this movie is an absolute must.

In fact, I think I will see it again in the theater. This movie is far to wonderful to just catch on DVD. The big screen is definitely the way to go.

No comments: