Sunday, February 10, 2008

Random me-ness.

I am quite nervous about my health and will be making an appointment to get into the doctor's office tomorrow morning (I've been motion sick and had pain in my ears and through for a few days). Hopefully, I can complete the necessary work at the office, go to the doctor's, and go home early, because my throat is swollen and I deeply desire to sleep and not talk or have to swallow. Perhaps this is the zombie plague I've been fearing. If so, watch out because I am hungry.

The wedding, which was not without trauma, went really well today thanks to the good attitude of all involved and I think that I successfully hid the extent of my illness from the happy couple, but I think I will collapse at any moment. I pray that this wedding will conclude my long and varied bridesmaiding career.

In weird news: I agreed to go out with a MUCH younger man on the grounds that he gave me no option, which is very sneaky. Men: to throw off a chick say, "I think you should let me take you out sometime, so what's your number?" As you can see this is not a yes or no question. So I gave him my number, but I still feel like I should be able to call shenanigans.

Anyway, I'm off to bed and perhaps I will wake up refreshed and miraculously well?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't think you're allowed to. Girls have a varied bag of tricks that they can use with impunity... eye batting, puppy dog eyes, pouting, and innate cuteness in general. We men have no such cuteness. We are very ugly creatures. So we're left to defeat you with our logic and commanding authority.