Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Notable News

Headline which inspired loathing:
Isaiah Washington: Fired & Bitter

Most irrelevant headline ever:
Journey's Steve Perry Thinks Sopranos Finale Hit Right Note
Also wins award for most ridiculous music pun ever.

Unluckiest headline today:
19th-century weapon found in whale
Whale learns that cheating death can only be accomplished for a century. (This will teach him to make metaphorical deals with the devil. And by devil, I mean robot devil. And by metaphorical, I mean get your coat.)

Saddest headline today:
TV's 'Mr. Wizard' Don Herbert dies at 89
Mr. Wizard was one of my all time favorite shows. I really loved science and Mr. Wizard nurtured that fascination. I am sorry to know he is gone.
I am also reminded of Mr. Wizard's counterpart, Mr. Lizard of Dinosaurs fame: "We're going to need another Timmy."

No comments: