Wednesday, August 02, 2006

The Dork Knight

So according to my dorkometer Heath Ledger’s casting as The Joker in 2008’s The Dark Knight is a big deal. As near as I can tell people are surprised that Ledger was cast due to the gay thing.
Comics have always been such a progressive form of media, so these fanboys seem quaintly small minded. Perhaps it is the issue of little boys who want to watch things blow up versus actual comic book fans.

Heath Ledger is a great actor and has the intensity to play the Joker.
Batman Begins made $481 million in profits. I think that casting Ledger was a good idea. I think a lot of people discounted him as a teenage heart-throb and now might be interested in seeing a cast of talented dramatic actors in a classic hero story (and also spandex).



Yet again, this is what Google Images gave me... so quit yer complain'n.

No comments: