Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Get over yourself.

Today a woman called and told me she didn’t want to write her date of birth on a human resources form. I told her that the reason they have included that is so that if some other person shows up with their name the forms will be filed correctly. I told her if she wasn’t concerned about that issue, I couldn’t possibly care less.

Which is not true; actually, I do care.

It is beyond me that a person could possibly care that someone in human resources who is processing their form, may notice that some stranger was born in *gasp* 1963. I couldn’t possibly give a shit about how old this woman is- why would she possibly care if some random person knows her age?

Furthermore, if you are 30 or 40 or 50- that is how old you are.

Everyone gets old. Not everyone gets fat or herpes or something. It’s not like the form is asking how many people she has slept with, or how much money she makes.

I’ve seen this lady once, and she didn’t look like she was in her twenties, so who cares if people find out that she’s 50?

Maybe my song will change when I turn 30- but I doubt it. I am going to Europe to celebrate 30 years without stupidly getting myself killed. That’s 4 years more knowledge than I have today- really that’s quite exciting!

No comments: