Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Dignity, always dignity.

This morning I lay in bed at 7 am willing myself back into a deep slumber, when over my window fan I heard a beeping.

Every Wednesday since we’ve moved in the garbage truck has arrived at noon at the earliest. Till today. From my bed I realized that Jim had not put out the cans yet.

I leapt from the bed and ran towards the door. Oh! Pants! Grabbed pants and hopping on one foot jammed myself in them and raced down the stairs. Into the garage and out with the can in the nick of time.

Looking down I realize:

  1. My pants are on backwards.
  2. I’m braless.
  3. I’m wearing a shirt that has a Mario Bros mystery block and says “I’d hit that.”

6 comments:

Elwood said...

And from this point on, they'll be hoping that Jim keeps forgetting to put out the cans.

Ferretnick said...

And you're STILL single?

qtilla said...

@ Elwood- Never again.

@ Ferretnick- I know, right? CRAZY!

Dr. Zoltar said...

You know I'm not going to be able to look at you with a straight face now, don't you?

Oh, and I'd be lying if I said I never had to rush the garbage can out to the curb myself.

qtilla said...

I'm surprised you could look at me with a straight face to begin with!

Kristina said...

I can't stop laughing.