Monday, October 23, 2006

Giggle Loop.

I am an inappropriate laugher. I laugh in horror movies during eviscerations. I laugh in church. I laugh when couples are arguing.
Now just imagine I am at my uncle's funeral. Imagine I am gazing serenely at the pastor, then my brows gently furrowing as the musical playlist begins.

Two Elvis spirituals.

The Beatles, Let it be.

and then... Eric Clapton's reggae inspired rendition of the Bob Dylon's Knockin' on Heaven's Door.

Ma, take this badge off of me.
I can't use it any more.
It's getting dark, too dark to see.
Feel like I'm knockin' on heaven's door.

Knock, knock, knockin' on heaven's door.
Knock, knock, knockin' on heaven's door.
Knock, knock, knockin' on heaven's door.
Knock, knock, knockin' on heaven's door.

Ma, take these guns away from me.
I can't shoot them any more.
There's a long black cloud following me.
Feel like I'm knockin' on heaven's door.

Look at the ground!!!!! Look at the coffin!! Your uncle is dead! Do not look at David. Do not look at anyone.

And finally SNORT!




No comments: