Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Driving Lessons #1

So, just a FYI for drivers:
Three reasons to use your parking or "emergency" brake.

1. You will ruin your car.
When you put your car in park the entire weight of your car rests on a small metal pin, which can bend or break and between repairing the damages from your car smashing into crap, and repairing the pin from the intestines of your vehicle, it will cost you a bit of cash. The pin will eventually break especially if you are in a hurry and the momentum of your car is against that pin all the time.

2. You will ruin my car.
When you parallel park on a low hill in front of my car, slowly, preventing me from pulling out by adjusting your distance between my car and the car in front of you numerous times, then park with out using your parking break, you will roll back into my car, or roll back and block me in.

3. You will make me ruin your car.
If you block me in and I know you did't set your emergency break I will happily use my scuffed bumper to push your formerly unscuffed car out of my way. This will also cause your vehicle to roll back onto the pin, stressing it again.

No comments: