Monday, July 11, 2005

Fudd/Cheney 2008- not even possible
















I don’t know if you remember Wayne’s World too well, but I’m with Garth; Bugs Bunny is attractive when he plays a girl bunny.

As part of my self-improvement plan I’ve been trying to do the kind of snotty high-brow garbage that I used to indulge in during college. Yesterday I went to the symphony. It is called Bugs Bunny on Broadway; a performance that centers around Warner Brothers cartoons from the 30’s through the 50’s. They show cartoons on a giant screen and play the audio tracks (minus the music), while the orchestra plays the music. You’ve never seen a real symphony until you’ve seen a full orchestra playing Wagner, in front of a 15 foot tall Elmer Fudd yelling “Kill da wabbit, kill da wabbit!”

Cartoons and live music, nothing is better than that, well… maybe liquor and comics. The show itself was amazing. I don’t remember when I’ve laughed so hard. It was wonderful to see the wide range of people attracted to this show. It was especially funny when the conductor made the most interesting point:

You never see Elmer Fudd and Dick Cheney in the same room:


No comments: