Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Tales of Minature Quiana: DOOMED

I remember being curled up in a tight ball, my knees tucked up to my chin. My little fingers covering my eyes as I fearfully cowered in my scratchy theater seat.
Upon the screen hundreds of life-size furry tree dwellers were being annihilated by the forces of the Empire. Their little teddy-bear like faces scrunched up with tiny little Ewok tears as huge tree trunks and AT-ST's fell upon their fuzzy bodies.
My cousin David (a whole 6 months older) leaned over from the seat next to me and clumsily patted my back saying, "It's ok KiKi. It's only make believe."

This is my earliest memory; seeing Return of the Jedi in the theater in 1983. ( I would have been... 3.)
This is the exact moment that I believe I became damned; cursed to forever walk this planet a complete and utter geek.

No comments: