Friday, April 21, 2006

Anticccciiiiiiipation

According to wwtdd.com:
J.J. Abrams directs Star Trek movie - J.J. Abrams, the creator of 'Lost' and 'Alias' and the director of 'Mission Impossible III', was announced today to produce and direct the next 'Star Trek' movie for a release in 2008. It will be written by Abrams and his partners, and focus on the early days of James T. Kirk and Mr. Spock, including their first meeting at Starfleet Academy and first mission. With Abrams at the helm, this should fulfill every fan boys dream, as long as their dream was to have a 'Star Trek' movie that's brilliant for about an hour and then rambling and unfocused and boring. Yea!

Actually this is exciting news coming out in time for: the 40th Aniversity of Star Trek (first aired on September 8, 1966). The big celebration is here in Seattle this year. I'm kind of tempted to go, but it is WAY too expensive! I was raised on STTNG.











Actually this part was quite touching, you remember, when Wesley Crusher graduated from the Academy and got his own uniform and everything! There was all that hugging, and crying, and kissing the TV....


Or maybe that was just me.

Maybe I should volunteer. That might be fun.

Let me know if you want to join.

Anyone?

Hellooooooo? Where is everyone?

2 comments:

technogreek said...

Dorktastic!

I'd consider going too, but aside from being a bit pricey, I have a feeling that the other 399 people would not be on my wavelength (and I don't mean just mean the electromagnetic wavelength of 10 to the power of 14 either. That's right, I made a science joke. Deal with it) since I think I'm too casual of a fan...

Anonymous said...

If I lived there, i'd go.... but I don't.

ESV