Sunday, February 14, 2010

Really?!

A while ago the roommie and I went out for Korean BBQ and I'm pretty sure the workers at the restaurant thought we were leotarded.

They cooked the meat for us; and I'll admit, it was a bit off-putting.

Perhaps they thought my big round eyes are unable to determine meat doneness. It is more likely that it's illegal to allow us to grill our own around here, but I prefer to believe that being unable to determine meat doneness is a common stereotype abroad.

You know, white folks don't know how to grill, Asians are good at math, and black guys have big... hands.

Let me assure the fine proprietors of the local North Seattle Korean BBQ establishment that I did not get into this physical condition by not knowing how to cook food and put it in my face.

No comments: