Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Stuff & Things

1. As I had been suspecting, another round of layoffs is eminent. Hooray! Stay tuned to find out if I will be turning tricks in mere months! (Kidding, Grandma! (I hope.))

2. The dog I'm dog sitting for chewed his toe nail off. In other news, HOLY SHIT, WHERE DID YOUR TOE NAIL GO, ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME, DOG? I CAN'T WATCH BIG BANG THEORY WITHOUT YOU MAIMING AN APPENDAGE? QUIT CHEWING ON YOUR FOOT. IT IS FILTHY!!

3. My week is the suck. Looking greatly forward to ricockulous numbers of meetings! yay!

4. Nannerpus: breakfast I would greatly enjoy. Can't stop thinking about this.



5. Newest crush: Philippe Cousteau.

3 comments:

cymberleah said...

Not to be totally obnoxious, but I think the layoffs are imminent, not eminent.

qtilla said...

Indeed.

erin said...

I just learned that in the 70s and 80s the term "layoff" meant that a company would let you go while things were sucking and hire you back into your job when the economy stabilized.

Why don't we do that today? Why are companies such bastards with their "position elimination"?

I've got my fingers mentally crossed for you. I hate going through the layoff process, even when you survive, the awfulness of the situation is absolutely exhausting.