Mostly because if I eat one more Skittle I am going to hurl.
So, what's new with me?
1. My cousin is set to wed in two weeks. 2! Weeks! Seattle will be flooded by my relatives, so if you see someone driving 55 in the left lane of I5 with their blinker on, say aloha to my elderly relations from Hawaii. If some jackass in a truck with a sticker of Calvin peeing on a Chevy logo cuts you off on I90, rest assured he's one of ours too.
1.5. My cousin is getting married on a boat and asked what song I would like played at the wedding.
I requested this:
Request denied. Some people don't appreciate excellent music.
2. I survived another round of layoffs, but my funding ends August 31 of 2011. So big party next September. And by big party, I mean come by my house with food.
3. Dude, you guys, I am turning 30 in July. I really want to do something awesome. What sorts of awesome things should I do? I was all set to go to Iceland, but now that seems ashy. I can't decide between renting a cabin with all my friends, going away for the weekend with my boyfriend, or going away for the weekend with another couple. Thoughts anyone? Leavenworth? The beach? Victoria? Whistler off season? France?
3.5. I'm getting old! OLD. So this means I can stay home all weekend in my PJs and watch LOST (finally at season 5!) and nobody can say a thing about it! Finally I can enjoy Murder She Wrote and make jam and who will judge? Nobody, because they all want jam. If I didn't really not like cats, I would totally get one. Because that is what unmarried ladies over 30 do, right?
4. I've been pet-sitting for about two months straight now and I am SO excited to go back to my own home. First I will clean the hell out of the house and then... sit on my butt and watch two months of TIVO. Doctor Who? Yes, please. A little Masterpiece Theater? Hot damn! Finish up LOST for good? Yippee!
5. That's all I've got for the moment. Any questions?